Saturday, October 1, 2011

Bubbles' progress = Sammy's progress

October 1, 2011 at 2:10 PM




Yesterday’s training session was amazing. There was so much progress in such a short period of time. Rachel Friedman, dog and people behavioral expert (in additon to being a licenced social worker) and her daughter Sophie came to the house for a private training session.  Sammy is very endeared to Sophie and truely responds to her spirit.

Sophie, Sammy and Bubbles







 I am amazed at how Rachel is able to accomplish so much in so little time. Sophie was able to model how to play with Bubbles, and before we knew it, Sammy, Sophie and Bubbles were all together in Bubbles’ crate. It was so exciting to see Sammy playing fetch and chase with Bubbles. I also had the pleasure of seeing Sammy interacting with Sophie appropriately (mostly).




Our upcoming goals are to go to a public place such as a mall with both Sam and Bubbles. Bring Bubbles to Sam’s water therapy session, and eventually to Sammy’s doctors appointment and even his school (possibly in winter).



Last evening after the session, Joyce Sammy, Bubbles and I all packed up and took a trip to get a bite to eat. Bubbles sat right next to Sam with her head next to his and Sammy petted her very nicely. Sam fell asleep in the car ride home which also shows how much more relaxed he is around Bubbles now. When we got home he was so tired he could hardly walk to his bed. I’m also happy (and a little sad) to report that Bubbles’ has moved her sleep spot at night from my bedroom to in the hallway in between Sam’s bedroom and my bedroom. It is sooo amazing how she just knows when the time is right and what she is supposed to do.



Also, this morning I was awakened when Bubbles came into my room whining at me. My initial thoughts were she is probably hungry or needs to potty and I closed my eyes just to catch a couple more winks before I got up. As I came to, I realized that I heard Sammy speaking to himself and I realized he was not in his room. I got up and went out find him on top of the refrigerator and a pint of ice cream, unopened, still frozen (it must not have been long at all) on the floor. GREAT JOB BUBBLES!!!!!


Please consider donating to allow full placement and training of Bubbles for Sammy

Donate via Paypal

No comments:

Post a Comment